Summer holiday in the Allgäu
Forests, water, space, flowers, mountains, Allgäu - do you know anything more beautiful?
The nearby surroundings around our holiday home, have a lot to offer.
Our house is located about 150 metres from the beautiful Forggensee lake, which offers fun for the whole family. Here you can swim, fish, surf, sail or take a family trip on one of the two Forggensee boats.
There are many other bathing lakes within a radius of approx. 5 km, which ensure a varied holiday.
You can get active right outside the front door.
The diversity of our landscape and surroundings is almost limitless.
Cycling & mountain biking
It's worth exploring Schwangau and the surrounding area by bike - not least because of the many lakes to discover. The view of Neuschwanstein Castle awaits you at many points. The well-developed network of routes offers a variety of options: whether pleasure cycling, family tours, mountain biking or road cycling.
- Forggensee Runde: the 35 km long tour offers spectacular views and the path leads directly along the water for the most part.
- The more athletic have the option of mountain biking to one of the mountain huts, such as the Drehhütte or the Kenzen Mountains.
- Sightseeing tour by racing bike: From Schwangau via the Wieskirche to Oberammergau, on to Ettal Monastery and Linderhof Palace, back via Plansee and the Königssträsschen (approx. 100 km).
You can also rent a suitable bike at the public bike stations.
There is something for every guest - young or old.
Numerous hiking trails with wonderful views of castles and mountains make the holiday a unique experience.
With 120 kilometres of hiking and walking trails, there's bound to be something for you - whether it's a leisurely stroll or a hike on the plains, trail running, mountaineering or even climbing. In winter, 50 kilometres of the hiking trails are cleared.
- Combine your walk in the spa park on the Ehberg with a visit to the Kneipp pool.
- In the royal palace park, the Schwanseepark, you can feel the mystique at every turn.
- A short walk takes you from the Tegelberg car park to the Reith Alpe. From there you can continue hiking to the Rohrkopf Hut and up the Tegelberg. Round off the excursion with a descent on the Tegelberg cable car.
- For ambitious mountaineers and climbers, the Bergsport Zentrum Tegelberg offers countless courses: for example, beginners' courses on proper via ferrata walking and guided tours with a mountain guide.
- High altitude hiking trail "Königsrunde
The natural scenery around Schwangau is characterised by dreamlike lakes.
Two nature reserves - the Bannwaldsee nature reserve and Bavaria's largest alpine reserve, the "Ammer Gebirge" - add something special to the landscape.
Other sports in Schwangau and the surrounding area
Varied leisure activities in combination with the fantastic landscape are a fantastic basis for various sporting opportunities that Schwangau offers you:
- Tennis at the Hohenschwangau tennis complex
- Adventure Golf at the Schlossbrauhaus Schwangau
- Numerous nearby golf courses
- Inline skating - many cycle paths are tarred and perfect for weightless gliding
- Horse riding
- Nordic Walking
- Cross-country skiing, alpine skiing, winter hiking
- Swimming and sailing
- Segway riding
- and much more.